Suluhu is a word in Kiswahili, the widest reaching language in east and central Africa. It can be translated by ‘resolution’, ‘reconciliation’, or ‘peace’ (in the sense of a peace that follows the settlement of a problem).
In taking up this name, or denomination, we want to frame or team and identity as group that aims at resolving problems, challenges, and issues as well as researching their essence and responding to questions arising in this regard.
‘We’, that is a group of young albeit experienced people that collaborate as a consulting team (see ‘who we are’ section). We offer our services as consultants in issues relating to the subsequent topical clusters:
- armed and non-armed conflicts
- development programming and financing
- culture, religion, and tolerance
- gender, violence, and empowerment
- governance, transition, and institution-building
- humanitarian aid, access , and security
- labour and migration rights
- peacekeeping, civilian protection, and mediation
- public health financing and management
- renewable energy management
- resource governance and management
Our geographical expertise primarily spans across East and Central Africa, however, our group includes specialists for other regions too.